PrestaShop & WebP
WebP is an image compression format developed by Google. WebP with a smaller size up to 85% maintains comparable image quality with the JPEG format. This format is promoted by Google and is increasingly used on the Internet. By using the WebP format you will achieve higher results in Google Page Speed, Lighthouse and GTMetrix.
Convert product photos to WebP format
Our module will optimize all graphics in your store. This will have a positive effect on the loading speed, server performance, results in performance tests and user experience while surfing your store.
We used (2021) latest available technologies to optimize photos for the internet browsers. Our module will save a huge amount of data, will not overload your server and will shorten the load time on mobile devices and computers.
The module converts to WebP all photos in your store:
- Product photos, photos on product lists and product descriptions
- Pictures on CMS pages, home page, contact page, etc.
- Photos displayed by external modules such as blogs, albums and galleries, banners and sliders.
Module will start generating graphics in the WebP format in the background when they are first loaded by your customers' browsers. Thanks to this, the module does not overload server with long-term operations in the process of generating WebP and during their future use.
- All new photos you upload in JPEG or PNG will be converted to WebP on the fly.
- All photos already in your store will be converted to WebP on they first load.
The module detects newly added products, changes in products photos and deletion of photos and takes care of order in the graphics files on the server.
PrestaShop & Lazy Load
To reduce the time to full interactivity of the website you will be able to take advantage of lazy loading. This ensures that all key assets will be loaded first, and then images outside of the visible screen. Images outside of the screen will not be loaded until the user scrolls to them and sees them on the screen. Thanks to this, you will increase the speed to full interactivity and reduce data transmission for mobile devices with an Internet limit or a slow connection. Thanks to the module, the server will not load items that the client will not scroll to see.
While loading, the picture objects keep their original size. The module does not generate page jumps during its loading and does not show show another graphics. Tests prove that empty, white spaces look good, do not distract the buyer and reduce bounce rates.
Your pictures will be visible to internet robots. URL links to photos and images are still in the code of the page even if images are not loaded by broweser. Our module has been prepared in accordance with good SEO practices according to Google guidelines and will positively affect the results of Google Page Speed, Lighthouse and GTMetrix tests of your PrestaShop store.
Install and use
Install the module and enable conversions to WebP and Lazy Load formats. The module does not require complicated configuration. We have fully automated the operation of solutions optimizing graphics and photos for eCommerce.
Maximum acceleration thanks to modern solutions
Rys. 1 Results proof for Google Page Speed Desktop test after module installation. The results achieved depend on many variables, including server performance and load, as well as the optimization of the core and PrestaShop modules.
Server library for handling WebP. In order for our module and conversion to WebP to work efficiently and as quickly as possible, one of the following extensions must be installed on your server. Make sure your hosting supports any of these:
Type of server. The module works with any Apache server. To support other web servers (e.g. nginx), you should translate commands in the .htaccess file generated by our module and adjust them to the configuration of your server. You can order this service after purchasing the module by opening a request at helpdesk.prestashow.pl.
Additional requirements. The module requires Friendly URLs to work.
WebP is supported by the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, GNOME Web, Midori, Falkon, Pale Moon and Waterfox.
If the client's browser does not support the WebP format, the module will display original jpeg / png images.
CloudFlare making no problems in cooperation with our module.
In the photo gallery you will find a comparison of Google Page Speed results before and after module installation.
v2.7 - 2021.05.10
* you can set whether the module should use
- PHP >= 7.1. We recommend PHP 7.3 for maximum performance and security
- IonCube extension
- Nginx or Apache server
- MySQL > = 5
- Optional extensions for performance optimization: mcrypt, openssl, zip, curl, gd, pdo, varnishd, mod_pagespeed, memcached, apc
- PShowImporter module only: required PHP extension libxml in version > 2.9.3
Together with the module, you get 3-month access to support and updates. If your support period expires, you will be able to continue using the module. You can reactivate access to support and updates at any time - see available packages.
- Help in installing and using our modules.
- Guarantee of correct operation of the module in your store.
- Possibility of paid extension and adaptation of modules to your needs.
- On HelpDesk you can order any programming and optimization work for your store and server.
- Additional works are priced in advance and implemented due the agreed date.
- We process 67% of HelpDesk requests in less than 24 hours.
- The latest solutions and security fixes.
- Work with the latest version of PrestaShop and PHP.
- The modules will inform you about available updates and news in back-office.
- You can update the module with 1-click.
- Before updating, the module backup its files. In case of any problems, you can quickly restore previous version of module and contact us for help.
- You could frelley test this module at our demo store: demo.presta.show
- You could change back-office language to EN, DE, FR, ES, IT and PL in header demo-store-menu
- Our modules are translated to ENGLISH and POLISH
- Generated demo will be auto-deleted after 48 hours.
Detailed information about the licenses of our modules you will find on this page. Below we describe the most important information regarding the use of our modules and license:
- You can use the module without any time limits in one store: 1 module = 1 license = 1 domain.
- You can assign the module to the domain yourself after logging in to My Account in our store
- You can also use the module in the test store: dev.domain.com, test.domain.com or beta.domain.com.
- It is possible to change the domain for your license. For this purpose, please contact us at email@example.com
- You can modify the source code of the modules in tpl and css files. Modification of the engine (core) of the module is associated with the loss of warranty.
- You can restore the warranty by installing the unmodified version of the module downloaded from My Account.
No entries yet.