Validating Tax ID, VAT and Company Number in PrestaShop
Entering an incorrect or inactive tax number can generate costs due to sales without VAT, accounting adjustments and wasted time spent correcting the data.
The module will automatically detect the address forms in your PrestaShop store and validate the field for tax number, which is completed by customers when placing an order.
- The module will highlight the field for tax number in green if a valid Tax ID / VAT number is provided.
- The module will highlight the field in red, block the ability to save the form with invoice data and inform the customer of the problems found.
If the customer provides an incorrect tax number, then he will be able to shop in your store as an individual - then VAT will be charged to the order.
You will check the operation of this module during the order in our store :-)
Home country for intra-community sales
In the configuration of the module, select the home country of your store. Orders placed by traders from countries other than your home country, if they pass validation, will be subject to 0% VAT.
You can set a different home country for each store in the multistore.
Validation of tax numbers in the European region
The validation process of the data provided is done in real time and does not require reloading the page or saving the form data. If the customer has an account and does not enter new address data during the order process, the module will still perform validation of the tax number stored in the customer's address before the customer makes a payment. If the tax number turns out to be inactive (e.g. when the business has been suspended), then the customer will have to change his billing address.
- NIP (Poland)
- VAT, VAT-UE (EU countries)
- Company number, VAT-UK (England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland)
Validation in VIES and VatApp
Tax number validation is done in the background and fully automatic. If remote validation services are working properly validation of the number's authenticity takes place immediately. The module skips validation in inaccessible sources and validates with the remaining methods.
- Calculating the checksum and correcting the record - removing unnecessary characters and spaces, adding the country code if VAT-EU is detected, etc. (e.g., PL 1132419179)
- In the VIES system
- In the VatApp system
- In the GOV.UK database
- In the database of the Ministry of Finance
Automation of 0% VAT rate
The module will automatically change the VAT rate to 0% if the customer provides a valid VAT number from outside your home country.
If the tax number does not pass validation, the customer will have to place the order, as a private person (or without invoice details) and the appropriate VAT will be charged. In case of an incorrectly entered tax number, the module will display the appropriate messages to the customer.
100% correct invoices
Date and time of tax number validation = date of order.
By validating the tax number provided by the customer, you are guaranteed not to lose out on VAT. Your invoices and integrations with external programs such as ERP will receive an active and correctly formatted tax number.
Invoice sales directly in your PrestaShop store
Check out our module for invoicing B2B sales and issuing E-Paragons for B2C. Issue all types of invoices and E-Paragons, and give your accountant a PDF package and files to import all sales data into her accounting program. Issue both types of documents in your store with the help of PrestaShop Invoices and E-Paragons module.
Configure and forget
- After installation, the module requires you to select your home country and indicate the countries for which you want to validate VAT and VAT numbers.
- In the customer edition and in the module, you can indicate customer accounts whose data you want to exclude (skip) from validation by the module.
- The module has been fully translated into Polish, English, Italian, Spanish, German and French.
- You can configure the module independently for each of your PrestaShop Multistore stores.
Soon in the module
- Automatically download address data completion after entering tax number
- Want to validate tax number from countries outside the EU - contact us.