Managing multiple domains in PrestaShop
Our module will allow you to use multiple domains in one PrestaShop store. Combine domains with the languages and currencies available in your store and our module will do the rest:
- The module takes care of redirecting old links to new domains
- The module will connect and detect domains and link them to the languages and currencies available in your store.
- The module will improve SEO quality for foreign search results
The module does not require the Multistore option to be enabled! The module replaces the Multistore options. This option does not have to be enabled in the store. Thanks to the module, you can connect multiple domains to a single PrestaShop instance
How does domain management work in PrestaShop?
Let's assume that your PrestaShop store should operate in domain.cz for customers from the Czech Republic and domain.pl for customers from Poland.
- Install the module in the store
- Redirect additional domains to your store
- Add redirected domains in the module
- Assign languages and currencies to domains
- Enjoy a multi-lingual multi-domain store :-)
Example 1: When you enter the store via domain.cz and change the language to Polish, the module will redirect you to domain.pl domain.
Example 2: When you enter the address http://domain.cz/pl/1-some-product.html, the module will redirect you to the address http://domain.pl/1-some-product.html.
Assign languages to domains
You can assign the languages available in your store to a domain. The module will switch the language automatically for the domain the client will enter.
Assign currencies to domains
You can assign any currencies included in the store to the domain. Currencies will be automatically switched when the customer enters the appropriate domain or changes the store language.
The module will create all redirections of old product, category, CMS and other URLs to new domains that you connect to your store.
Differences between PShowDomainControl and PrestaShop Multistore
By default, in PrestaShop, after adding and configuring different languages, additional parameters appear in the URL after the domain name, e.g. sklep.pl/pl/ and sklep.pl/cs/ (cs = Czech language).
The "Multistore" function is a standard PrestaShop functionality that allows you to run multiple stores from one administration panel. Multistore solves the problem of language parameters in the URL and allows you to assign separate domains to subsequent stores within Multistore. However, this requires managing multiple stores in one admin panel, which leads to frequent switching between stores and additional clicks to make changes to the store and product catalog. Also:
- Multistore loads the server and database and requires individual configuration for each store element
- It is hard to predict the compatibility of Multistore with external modules.
If you want currencies and language versions to be associated with additional domains, e.g. sklep.pl for the Polish version and sklep.cz for the Czech version - use the PShowDomainControl module.
* multi-store support
* fixed bugs
* improved redirections
v1.2 - 2021-03-12
* small fixes and improvements
v1.1 - 2021-03-02
* fixed bug with redirections on the order confirmation page
* fixed bug with displaying wrong language when shop opened first time
* other small fixes and improvements
v1.0 - 2020-03-12
* allow adding domains
* allow assigning domains to currencies and languages
- PHP >= 7.1. We recommend PHP 7.3 for maximum performance and security
- IonCube extension
- Nginx or Apache server
- MySQL > = 5
- Optional extensions for performance optimization: mcrypt, openssl, zip, curl, gd, pdo, varnishd, mod_pagespeed, memcached, apc
- PShowImporter module only: required PHP extension libxml in version > 2.9.3
Together with the module, you get 3-month access to support and updates. If your support period expires, you will be able to continue using the module. You can reactivate access to support and updates at any time - see available packages.
- Help in installing and using our modules.
- Guarantee of correct operation of the module in your store.
- Possibility of paid extension and adaptation of modules to your needs.
- On HelpDesk you can order any programming and optimization work for your store and server.
- Additional works are priced in advance and implemented due the agreed date.
- We process 67% of HelpDesk requests in less than 24 hours.
- The latest solutions and security fixes.
- Work with the latest version of PrestaShop and PHP.
- The modules will inform you about available updates and news in back-office.
- You can update the module with 1-click.
- Before updating, the module backup its files. In case of any problems, you can quickly restore previous version of module and contact us for help.
- You could frelley test this module at our demo store: demo.presta.show
- You could change back-office language to EN, DE, FR, ES, IT and PL in header demo-store-menu
- Our modules are translated to ENGLISH and POLISH
- Generated demo will be auto-deleted after 48 hours.
Detailed information about the licenses of our modules you will find on this page. Below we describe the most important information regarding the use of our modules and license:
- You can use the module without any time limits in one store: 1 module = 1 license = 1 domain.
- You can assign the module to the domain yourself after logging in to My Account in our store
- You can also use the module in the test store: dev.domain.com, test.domain.com or beta.domain.com.
- It is possible to change the domain for your license. For this purpose, please contact us at email@example.com
- You can modify the source code of the modules in tpl and css files. Modification of the engine (core) of the module is associated with the loss of warranty.
- You can restore the warranty by installing the unmodified version of the module downloaded from My Account.
No entries yet.