In this post, you will learn how to put up a developer, test or security copy of your online store on PrestaShop 1.7 on your own in 10 steps. The store copy gives you control over changes before they reach your customers, you can modify it without worrying about the functioning of the production store....
EU Invoice You will receive PDF invoice right after payment
Implementation of the development version of the PrestaShop store
Production version = store available for customers who actively sell.
Development version = copy of your store available only to administrators.
Development version is an exact 1:1 copy of your production store. Dev version allows you to carry out development work on the store without interruptions. This version is password protected and inaccessible for your clients and web robots. With a professionally implemented PrestaShop development version you will avoid SEO and content duplication problems.
Use the development version to:
- Install and test new modules before rolling them out to the production store
- Make extensive changes without stopping the store
- Update the store and the modules
- Upgrade PHP and other server components.
Version control system (GIT) + PrestaShop
You have to choose: FTP or GIT. If you decide to implement Git we suggest not to use FTP. If you don't want to use Git, you can skip this implementation.
The version control system (GIT) is responsible for tracking and storing all changes to your store's code and files. Git seamlessly controls code quality and is responsible for merging changes from multiple developers.
Git contains at least two branches containing the store's code - the development version and the production version. Git takes over the full automation of implementing source code changes and synchronizing dev > prod versions.
The process of working on the store using the GIT version control system:
- Developer introduces new functionality or fixes bugs. Then he sends the changes to GitLab, to the develop branch.
- The changes are immediately visible in the test version of the store, e.g. dev.yourjadomena.com
- The tester checks if the changes have been implemented correctly or if there are no more bugs. If the new features have not been executed correctly, the test person sends a ticket to the developer (using GitLab), and the development process returns to step 1.
- After the changes are approved, the test person creates a Merge Request with 1 click - a request to move the changes from the development version to the production version of the store.
- The developer accepts the Merge Request, and GitLab sends the changes to the production version of the store.
- The new code is on the production version of the store available to customers.
- Server hosting the store - min. VPS with full root access.
- Or server selection and deployment service by our team.
To achieve maximum consistency, we encourage you to order GIT implementation and development version together with the implementation and optimization of the PrestaShop server.
We precede the work with a backup of files and database of the store. The configurations are covered with a 3-month performance guarantee. The warranty does not include the repair of repositories damaged by users.
No customer reviews for the moment.