At PrestaShow, we have developed a new PShowSubiekt application. The application is aimed at store owners who, in addition to the PrestaShop online store, also sell through ERP in one or more stationary stores.
The main tasks of PShowSubiekt are:
- Real-time synchronization of products
- Synchronization of orders in real time
- Automation of shipping and packaging of online orders by stationary stores
The application is multiplatform (iOS, Android, Windows) and flexible - we can modify and expand its capabilities to suit individual needs.
Integration of PrestaShop and Subiekt GT - automation of shipping of online orders by stationary stores
To start working with PShowSubiekt, the following are required:
- PrestaShop online store
- Subiekt GT software with access to the database
- Computer(s) in stationary stores with Internet access and the ability to connect to the Subiekt GT database.
The application consists of two components:
- Aprogram that runs on computers in stationary stores
Amodule installed in a PrestaShop store
Operation of PShowSubiekt
The program periodically performs 3 actions:
- Listens to see if there have been changes to goods and services in Subiekt GT. If changes have occurred, the Program sends information about the updated products to the Module, and the Module updates the products in PrestaShop. Updating of products is done in real time, in the background.
The Module checks whether new orders have appeared in the online store. If so, the Program retrieves order information (recipient data and product information) and transmits it in the form of a pop-up window to the Program on computers (or tablets / phones) in stationary stores.
- The Program , connecting to the Module, checks what products have been sold in the online store, and then takes the appropriate amount of products off the stock in Subiekt GT.
Synchronization of products
New products added in Subiekt automatically appear in the online store:
- The program connects to the Subiekt database to retrieve product information.
- The Program then sends the product data to the Module in the PrestaShop store
- TheModule updates and creates new products in the PrestaShop store and assigns their availability to stationary stores;
- If the Module detects deficiencies in the information about a product, such as lack of photos, descriptions, etc., it can retrieve them from the wholesaler's site with XML feed, CSV, API or WebParser method from any website.
There is no need to look into PrestaShop to add products and process orders. These activities can be fully handled by Subiekt.
Synchronization of orders and shipments
Orders from the online store are automatically sent to stationary stores based on available inventory. The package information is displayed in that stationary store where the ordered product is currently located. The selection of the store processing the order, if multiple stores have the product, is optimized.
Example 1: A customer orders products A and B from an online store. The module checks in which stationary store these products are available. If product A is available at stationary store X, while product B is available at store Y, then store X gets the information that it has to pack product A and ship it to the customer, the same way store Y gets the information that product B has to be packed and shipped.
Example 2: If all the products in the order are available in one stationary store, then packing of the order will be undertaken by only one store and only one package will be sent.
The process is shown in Figure 1 and Figure 2.
Figure 1 The process of fulfillment of an online order by stationary stores
Fig. 2 The application that connects to PrestaShop installed on the computer of one of the stationary stores
Configure PShowSubiekt for your business
PShowSubiekt is a flexible integration that can be set up for any scenario that will automate your work and save time. Here are some suggestions of what you can automate with our solution:
- Stationary stores can 1-click parcel shipment with the carrier of their choice.
- Stationary stores can handle returns from online store customers.
- Ability to synchronize merchandise and orders of multiple stationary stores with an infinite number of online and stationary stores.
- Automation of statuses and email notifications
- The stationary store can use, for example, a tablet instead of an Android or iOS computer.
- Stationary store stocking information on the product page and in the PrestaShop shopping cart
- Additional payment for shipment, if the shipment is carried out by several stationary stores
- Different database than Subiekt - let us know if your ERP shares a database - we can integrate a program other than Subiekt
- Print receipts for online orders - integration with a fiscal printer, as a module for PrestaShop. Print receipts directly from the back-office of the online store.
PShowSubiekt is a framework for efficient integration between PrestaShop and Subiekt. We carry out the implementation on a customized basis. Contact us, and in the message prepare answers to the following questions:
- What version of Subiekt are you using?
- Where is the Subiekt database located (e.g. on a computer in a stationary store, on a web server)?
- What is the operating system on the device where the Subiekt database is running?
- (e.g. Linux, Windows, macOS + system version).
- What database software is used (e.g. MS SQL Server 2010)?
- Is remote access to the Subiekt database available?
2 - PrestaShop
- What version of PrestaShop is being used?
- What data is to be synchronized and in which direction (e.g. inventory one way, from Subiekt to PrestaShop)?
4. other relevant integration considerations.